What is OCaml-RSS ?
OCaml-RSS is a small OCaml library providing functions to parse and
print RSS 2.0 files. The parser can also parse some RDF files, but
some fields are not taken into account.
OCaml-RSS was previously part of Cameleon
but is now developped separately and is findlib compatible.
OCaml-RSS is hosted on Github.
It is also available in OPAM.
- 2.2.2 [2013-08-06]:
- fix: remove the beginning and ending spaces in contents of xml
nodes, but do not collapse spaces inside PCData. (by C. Troestler)
- 2.2.1 [2013-06-07]:
- fix: do not set default namespace in final rss,
- fix: rdf parsing,
Rss.sort_items_by_date sorts with old items last, as documented.
- 2.2.0 [2013-04-15]:
- fix: provide polymorphic functions on
channel_t and on
- fix #5: incorrect sort by date.
- 2.1.0 [2013-03-19]:
Beware that this release introduces backward-incompatible changes.
- handle namespaces (the list is stored in the
- allow the library user to read addition information from
<item> and <channel> prefixed subnodes, as the RSS 2.0 specification
indicates this is the way to extend RSS information,
- handle "cloud", "skipHours", "skipDays" and "rating" in channels,
Neturl.url instead of
string to represent URLs,
Netdate instead of
Rss_date, which was a copy of
- OCamlRSS now depends on OCamlnet,
- default encoding is now UTF-8,
- new parameter "indent" for printing,
- new "opts" parameter when reading,
- reading returns error list besides channel.
- 2.0 [2012-04-06]:
first release after extraction from Cameleon. Now uses Xmlm instead
OCaml-RSS requires Xmlm >= 1.1.0
and OCamlnet >= 3.6.
To compile and install:
- tar xvfz ocamlrss-XXX.tar.gz
- cd ocamlrss-XXX
- make all
- make install
Reference documentation is here
OCaml-RSS is released under the LGPL v3
Author and contact
Maxence Guesdon <Maxence 'DOT' Guesdon 'AT' inria 'DOT' fr>